Rights Activists Urge Governor Natembeya to Comply With Court Order Reinstating CECMs

Rights activists in Trans Nzoia County are calling on Governor George Natembeya to comply with a Labour Court judgment ordering the reinstatement of three County Executive Committee Members (CECMs dismissed last year.

Justice Maureen Onyango directed that Bonface Wanyonyi Cosmas, Jackson Amboka Wanyungu, and Julia Cherobon Rutto, also known as Julie Kichwen, be reinstated after finding their removal from office unconstitutional.

The Director of the Social Economic Development Rights Alliance Samuel Juma Kiboi said the county administration should fully implement the court directive and allow the officials to resume duty without delay.

“The Governor, through the County Secretary, must ensure that the three officers are reinstated to office to discharge their duties,” Kiboi said.

The governor and several senior county officials are facing contempt of court proceedings over the alleged disobedience of earlier court orders.

Petitioners want the court to cite Governor Natembeya, the County Secretary, the County Government of Trans Nzoia, and several County Assembly officials for contempt of orders issued on January 17, 2025, and the decree dated July 3, 2025.

Kiboi also faulted the County Assembly for approving the appointment of new CECMs to replace the three officials while the petition challenging their removal was still pending in court.

The officials who replaced the reinstated CECMs—and who are now enjoined in the case as interested parties—are Robert Wamalwa, Christopher Kerio Lorot, Pius Gumo Omulo, and Eliud Kipchirchir Tormoi.

Kiboi welcomed the court’s intervention and urged all parties to respect the rule of law.

“Let the law take its course. We want the governor to respect the law and have the officials reinstated,” he said.

According to court directions, Governor Natembeya is expected to appear in court on the 15th to respond to the contempt allegations.

The Employment and Labour Relations Court will determine whether the cited officials knowingly disobeyed its orders and what sanctions, if any, may be imposed if contempt is established.

Latest

Natembeya Warns Against Tribal Politics as Sabaot Community Thanks Him for Naibei Appointment

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya has warned against attempts...

Homa Bay Chaos Sparks Fresh Calls to Crack Down on Political Goons

Human rights activist Samuel Kiboi has called on the...

Natembeya, Wamboka Recount Dramatic Escape From Homa Bay Attack

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya and Bumula MP Jack...

Adventist Leaders Urge Kenyans to Reject Political Violence at Kitale Camp Meeting

Seventh-day Adventist leaders have urged Kenyans to reject political...
spot_img

Don't miss

Natembeya Warns Against Tribal Politics as Sabaot Community Thanks Him for Naibei Appointment

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya has warned against attempts...

Homa Bay Chaos Sparks Fresh Calls to Crack Down on Political Goons

Human rights activist Samuel Kiboi has called on the...

Natembeya, Wamboka Recount Dramatic Escape From Homa Bay Attack

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya and Bumula MP Jack...

Adventist Leaders Urge Kenyans to Reject Political Violence at Kitale Camp Meeting

Seventh-day Adventist leaders have urged Kenyans to reject political...

Ruto Allies Accuse Uhuru of Sabotage, Demand He Lose Retirement Benefits

Leaders in Western Kenya backing President William Ruto’s re-election...
spot_imgspot_img

Natembeya Warns Against Tribal Politics as Sabaot Community Thanks Him for Naibei Appointment

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya has warned against attempts to divide the county along ethnic lines, urging residents to reject politicians he accused of...

Homa Bay Chaos Sparks Fresh Calls to Crack Down on Political Goons

Human rights activist Samuel Kiboi has called on the government and political leaders to take swift action against individuals accused of organising, financing or...

Natembeya, Wamboka Recount Dramatic Escape From Homa Bay Attack

Trans Nzoia Governor George Natembeya and Bumula MP Jack Wamboka have recounted a dramatic escape after their Linda Mwananchi convoy came under attack in...